Today, I was searching about expensive laptops and I found one laptop to have price tag of nearly $350,000. It is Tulip E-Go Diamond. From the name you can rightly guess that it has a touch of diamond.
- “Tulip E-Go notebook inlaid with solid palladium white gold plates in which thousands of brilliant cut diamonds have been set.
- The quality is V.V.S. top-Wesselton and the total weight is 80.00 Crt.
Its simply a status symbol or as a fashionable item not to play games or watch a movie with it. About its technical specification, I am quoting from Softpedia:--
“The E-Go laptop is hand bag shaped and it is targeted at ladies, so, not exactly for gamers. Though, the specifications are good. The system is based on an AMD Turion 64 processor, with an ATI Radeon Xpress 200 graphic chipset and featuring 1 GB of DDR RAM PC3200 memory.
- Hard disk : 100 GB SATA
- Display: 12.1 inch widescreen WHGA, supporting 1280 X 800 pixel resolution.
- A DVD-RW optical unit , a touch pad, a built in webcam with a LED illuminative point and a microphone for video and voice conferences.
- The connectivity is enabled by Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g, Bluetooth 1.2, the ExpressCard slot, by four USB 2.0 slots and the 10/100Base-T NIC. Additionally, VGA and S-Video port are available and a SD/MMC/MS/MS Duo card reader.
- Tulip E-Go Diamond sound system is a 2.1 stereo, while the battery has a four hour lifetime specification.”
But Only four hour of battery life ! I would not bother to pay $350,000 just to have 4 hours of battery life !
Instead, I will try to have one unit of the world’s cheapest laptop at $100. Haven’t you ever heard of One Laptop Per Child project? Of course, if you are day dreaming about Tulip E-Go Diamond then you should not remember it. What is $100 laptop after all.
“The proposed $100 machine will be a Linux-based, with a dual-mode display—both a full-color, transmissive DVD mode, and a second display option that is black and white reflective and sunlight-readable at 3× the resolution.
- The laptop will have a 500MHz processor and 128MB of DRAM, with 500MB of Flash memory; it will not have a hard disk, but it will have four USB ports.
- The laptops will have wireless broadband that, among other things, allows them to work as a mesh network; each laptop will be able to talk to its nearest neighbors, creating an ad hoc, local area network. The laptops will use innovative power (including wind-up) and will be able to do most everything except store huge amounts of data.”
Which one would you like to buy ??